If you need some more convincing to make the Sweet Pea Spread from yesterday’s post, how about this idea for a light dinner, breakfast or lunch? Poached Egg and Sweet Pea Toast. Might be my new favorite late night supper. Enjoy!
Poached Egg and Sweet Pea Toast
Write a review
- 2 slices of ciabatta bread, toasted
- a generous slather of Sweet Pea Spread (see recipe in 4/20/15 post), at room temperature
- 2 eggs, poached
- best quality olive oil
- sprinkle of Maldon sea salt
- shake or two of Aleppo pepper flakes
- Slather each slice of toasted bread with a thick layer of Sweet Pea Spread.
- Top with a poached egg.
- Drizzle with olive oil, a sprinkle of Maldon sea salt and some Aleppo pepper.
- Devour immediately.
sly rooster http://slyrooster.com/