Can I just say, “YUM!?” You know that if I am posting a dessert it is: a/ super simple to prepare; and b/ a crowd-pleaser. You’ll find these Chunky Monkey Brownies to be reminiscent of my Nutella Banana Swirl Muffins because of the banana-chocolate combination. But while the muffins may sneak by at breakfast, these brownies may have to suffice as a mid-morning, after-school or post-dinner snack.
Be sure to make the Chunky Monkey Brownies for an audience (ideally a gaggle of children) or you just may find yourself working your way through the entire pan. Not that I would know anything about that…
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup banana, mashed with a fork (one medium-large banana)
- 12-oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips + 1/4 c for the top
- Mix butter, eggs, sugars, salt and vanilla with an electric mixer until well mixed.
- Add flour, mashed banana and 12 oz. chocolate chips.
- Stir to combine.
- Spray a 9x13” glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread brownie mixture into prepared pan.
- Smooth the top with a knife or rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes just until lightly golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.